Hook Orthodontics: It's Time for a Second Opinion
1) Pretty simple. I don’t believe or like what I’m hearing. Heck, you may not like what I’m telling you. I was the fifth opinion once. The first four suggested a $4000 procedure, I recommended extracting a primary tooth only. It worked.
2) The fees are too high. Higher does not mean better.
3) Be careful of a hard sell.
4) Most eight year old's do not need treatment.
5) If you do Phase I treatment, your child probably won’t need orthodontic treatment, Phase II) later, or it may be less difficult later. Lie!
6) If you don’t do Phase I treatment, extractions may be necessary later, when the permanent teeth erupt. Lie! Thanks.
7) Do not start orthodontic treatment if you are moving off the island in the very near future.